Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, June 1, 2013

How To Check Your Local Postal Codes For States and Cities In Nigeria

12:26:00 PM
In this post, I will be showing you how to use the Nigeria Postal Service Urban Postcode Lookup/Locator tool to locate postal codes in all Nigerian states and cities.

While going through my Google Adsense earnings, I discovered I needed to change the payee's address and postal code to my new location, which is Ikeja, Lagos. I did this because I wanted all my upcoming cheques for the next two months to be sent to Customs Training College, Ikeja, Lagos where I am currently undergoing officers training. Before now, I was using 520231 which is for Ewet Housing Estate in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

In the process of trying to change the postal code, I discovered that Lagos as a city has different areas and inside the areas, there are stipulated postal codes assigned to each street. This became a problem that led me into doing a little search. I did a narrow search using the Nigeria Postal Service portal and I was amazed at how easy and well arranged the postal codes and their areas have been updated.

Here is a screenshot of the Nigeria Postal Service Urban Postcode Lookup/Locator tool:


Nigeria Postcode Locator
As you can see, the tool is well designed to accommodate just about all the parameters necessary for locating the required postal code.

How To Use The Locator

Step 1: Visit www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/

Step 2: A locator tool just like the one in the screenshot above will show

Step 3: Enter the State, Town, Area and Street Name, and then click on the "GET POSTCODE" to get the postal code, the area and the list of all the streets using the postal code you are looking for.

I did an example using Lagos State:
Postcode Locator

About NIPOST

At independence, the post was administered jointly with Telecommunications as a government department. Later, postal establishments and services grew in leaps and bounds. The Federal Government by Decree No. 22 of 1966 made the department a quasi-commercial organization a step towards making it more efficient and responsive to public needs.

The Nigeria Postal service Department came into being with the establishment of the Nigeria Telecommunications Limited (NITEL) on January 1, 1985. NITEL emerged from the merger of the Telecommunications arm of the defunct Post and Telecommunications Department of the Ministry of Communications with the former Nigeria External Telecommunications Limited (NET). Through the promulgation of decree No. 18 of 1987, NIPOST became an Extra-Ministerial Department.

I hope this post was of help to you? Let me know what you think in comments.

Cheers!

1 comments:

Rob said...

Great post! You might want to check this site too for all lagos postal codes: https://lagospostalcode.com.ng/

 
Toggle Footer